EBS is dedicated to improving the quality
of the built environment and the health, comfort and productivity of
the building’s occupants.
Of the many days work lost through sickness, notable amount is caused
by allergy problems in buildings & building-related illnesses, which
can also lead to low morale and inefficiency.
The work place and the environment are now regulated by several Acts
of Parliament and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health. Careful
environmental assessment of building plans and monitoring the built
environment can alert managers to problems before they arise. EBS will
give advice and guidance, recommend ways of improving standards, and
suggest strategies for improving the quality of the workplace and minimising
the impact of buildings on the environment.
- advice and guidance on environmental design, control and maintenance
- environmental assessment and monitoring
- air and water quality control
- building services design and review
- energy efficiency assessment
- simulation-based problem solving
- technical reports on sick building syndrome and building related
- scientists in health and comfort, air conditioning and environmental
- links with an international network of consultants from industry
- extensive library allowing instant access to air quality and building