Identifying and solving building problems environmentally without the use of chemicals

+44 (0) 1908 266522


Site Hazard Investigation

Lead in Paint


Up until the mid-1960s, lead was widely used in household paint.  Lead is dangerous if breathed in, swallowed or absorbed and can be a serious health risk as it builds up in the body over time.  In extreme cases it can be fatal.

The lead in old paint presents an increased risk to health when paintwork is flaking, knocked or chewed by children or pets and particularly dangerous when sanded or burnt off in preparation for repainting.

If you live in an older property or plan a renovation project, there is a real possibility that poisonous lead could be locked in and hidden within the older layers of thick paintwork.

Want to find out more?

For a friendly no obligation chat on this and any of our other services, please give us a call on 01908 266522 or email us on We'll help you find the right solution to your building problems.